miércoles, 6 de enero de 2010

Gaza muy cerca del genocidio

Alarmingly Close in Gaza : When Does It Become Genocide? : Information Clearing House - ICH: "Alarmingly Close in Gaza

When Does It Become Genocide?

By NADIA HIJAB

January 05, 2009 'Counterpunch' -- During a visit to Ramallah a year ago while the Israeli bombardment of Gaza was underway, I shared my fears with a close Palestinian friend. 'It may sound insane, but I think the Israelis' real objective is to see them all dead.'

My friend told me not to be silly, the assault was horrific, but it was not mass killing. I said that wasn't the issue: This was a population already very vulnerable to disease, ill-health, and malnutrition after years of siege, with its infrastructure rotted, its water and food contaminated. Israel's war would surely push the people over the brink, especially if the siege was maintained -- as it has been."

Mas...

No hay comentarios: